Silvia´s work has been dedicated to research-based and field-work projects between two continents over the past eight years. It takes form in time-based productions in combined media, in an ongoing investigation of interdisciplinary practices of art, science and technology.
Art residencies are a modality of production Silvia has been involved over a number of projects which have received national and international recognition and support from cultural and academic institutions. With highlights; EME >> Experimental Mobile Studio commissioned by the Ministry of Culture in Brazil, The Dark Forest Schools Exchange, recently published as a chapter in the Digital Participation through Social Living Labs organized by Queensland University of Technology, and more recently Gambiarra Lab and Invisible. Distinct collaborative projects that have in common the creation of interactive productions in urban or forest environments.
In the summer of 2017 Silvia was awarded a Masters Degree in Culture and Territoriality from the Institute of Art & Social Communication at the Fluminense Federal University in Rio de Janeiro, recommended for publication.
- 2015-2017 // MA (Distinction) Culture & Territoriality
Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, BR
- 1998-2001 // BA (Honours) Fine Art
Central Saint Martins College of Art, London, UK
- 1996-1997 // Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
Wimbledon School of Art, London, UK
- 1995// Parque Lage School of Art
Specialization in Drawing – ‘procedência e propriedade’. RJ, BR
- 1989-1995 // Secondary Education – Chestnut Grove School, London, UK
- 1983- 1989 // Fundamental Education- Centro Educacional Anísio Teixeira
- 1978-1983 // Primary Education – Hyndland Primary School, Glasgow, UK
- 1977 // Born in Rio de Janeiro (RJ), BR